I. Preparation of the gifts
1. Sort gifts and create inventory record
2. Coordinate and organize the gift storage
3. Approximately 700 gifts from Shoe Box Project confirmed with delivery date to be determined and will be stored in the program room in the basement
4. Collaborate with volunteer coordinator to organize volunteers and staff to organize gifts
II. Compiling the name list of eligible women
1. Eligibility for drop-in women: women need to come to the drop-in more than six times each month for the past three months (i.e. September, October, and November) of 2017 in order to receive the gift.
2. A list of women who regularly attend Sistering groups and work with the Community Support Workers and are not otherwise regular drop in participants, will be compiled for the gift list. For example, Sisters Supporting Sisters, Spanish speaking group, etc.
3. A centralized list will be created for all eligible women.
4. Outreach will have a separate list for gift eligibility. Approximately 100-125 gifts will be delivered to the Outreach and distributed by Outreach Staff to women in that program.
III. Distribution of gift bags:
1. A flier (in English, Spanish and Cantonese/Mandarin languages) will be posted in the drop-in to announce the dates and time when gifts will be distributed in the drop-in:
• December 19, 2017 10:30-11:30 am 1:30 – 2:30 pm 6:30- 7:30 pm
• December 20, 2017 10:30-11:30 am 1:30 – 2:30 pm 6:30- 7:30 pm
• January 3, 2018 10:30 – 11:30 am 1:30 – 2:30 pm 6:30- 7:30 pm
• January 4, 2018 10:30 – 11:30 am 1:30 – 2:30 pm 6: 30- 7:30 pm
2. Community Support workers should
1) Encourage their clients to come on the above days to pick up their gift; however,
Workers can pick up gifts for their clients on the above days through Staff that is signed to be in charge;
2) Workers need to sign the list on behalf of their clients.
3. Procedures on distribution day:
1) On the day shift, Karleen and Jocelyn will be responsible for gift distribution and the centralized name list. 2 specific staff on the evening shift will be assigned to be in charge of gift distribution on a particular day.
2) Each woman will be asked to sign on the centralized list once they have received the gift.
3) No more gifts will be distributed in the drop-in after January 4, 2018. If a woman requests a gift after January 4, 2018 redirect to Karleen or management.
IV. Children’s CHUM City Gift Boxes (not yet confirmed)
1. Outreach will be given 25-30 boxes for women with children and/or grandchildren in that program.
2. For the Drop In and Community Support Workers a maximum of up to 3 boxes will be given to women who have children or grandchildren. Karleen and another team member will be responsible for distributing the children’s boxes.
V. Christmas Day and New Year’s Day raffle
1. On Christmas Day and New Year’s Day, there will be raffle prizes only for those women who are in the Drop In space that day.