After reviewing the token sign out sheets please remember the guidelines for token distribution
General Tokens – Distributed through Drop Ins
tokens are primarily meant to be used to facilitate appointments to housing and/or to travel to shelter
occasionally tokens are used as a tool to deescalate a situation and move a person on
occasionally a token, with team approval, can be used to facilitate attendance at appointments but this is a rare occasion and should be used sparingly
Out of the Cold Tokens
Have very strict guidelines as provided by the City of Toronto. If these are not followed the City of Toronto will stop providing this resource. This historically has happened to Sistering in the past.
Out of the Cold Tokens can only be used during extreme cold warnings
They can only be used to facilitate going to a shelter – absolutely the only reason to use these tokens
Have to be signed out on the City’s tracking form.
Thank you for your support in ensuring this limited resource is used to support the women but stays within our budgetary means
Please complete and submit the two Personal Tax Credits Return forms to Finance by Friday January 12, 2018. The original signed copies should be placed in my mailbox once completed.
Extra forms are available at the following areas:
Drop In relief binders
Kitchen relief binders
Reception area in one of the slots
Additionally the forms can be accessed using the following links:
Kindly contact the Finance Unit if you have any questions.
Please click the link for Pet Food Banks Information
The laundry will NOT BE picked up on Dec. 23rd, 24th and 25th. Laundry service will resume Dec. 26th.
Therefore we will have to do our own laundry during these times.
Please log and help ensure the weekend/holiday shift is aware of this information.
I. Preparation of the gifts
1. Sort gifts and create inventory record
2. Coordinate and organize the gift storage
3. Approximately 700 gifts from Shoe Box Project confirmed with delivery date to be determined and will be stored in the program room in the basement
4. Collaborate with volunteer coordinator to organize volunteers and staff to organize gifts
II. Compiling the name list of eligible women
1. Eligibility for drop-in women: women need to come to the drop-in more than six times each month for the past three months (i.e. September, October, and November) of 2017 in order to receive the gift.
2. A list of women who regularly attend Sistering groups and work with the Community Support Workers and are not otherwise regular drop in participants, will be compiled for the gift list. For example, Sisters Supporting Sisters, Spanish speaking group, etc.
3. A centralized list will be created for all eligible women.
4. Outreach will have a separate list for gift eligibility. Approximately 100-125 gifts will be delivered to the Outreach and distributed by Outreach Staff to women in that program.
III. Distribution of gift bags:
1. A flier (in English, Spanish and Cantonese/Mandarin languages) will be posted in the drop-in to announce the dates and time when gifts will be distributed in the drop-in:
• December 19, 2017 10:30-11:30 am 1:30 – 2:30 pm 6:30- 7:30 pm
• December 20, 2017 10:30-11:30 am 1:30 – 2:30 pm 6:30- 7:30 pm
• January 3, 2018 10:30 – 11:30 am 1:30 – 2:30 pm 6:30- 7:30 pm
• January 4, 2018 10:30 – 11:30 am 1:30 – 2:30 pm 6: 30- 7:30 pm
2. Community Support workers should
1) Encourage their clients to come on the above days to pick up their gift; however,
Workers can pick up gifts for their clients on the above days through Staff that is signed to be in charge;
2) Workers need to sign the list on behalf of their clients.
3. Procedures on distribution day:
1) On the day shift, Karleen and Jocelyn will be responsible for gift distribution and the centralized name list. 2 specific staff on the evening shift will be assigned to be in charge of gift distribution on a particular day.
2) Each woman will be asked to sign on the centralized list once they have received the gift.
3) No more gifts will be distributed in the drop-in after January 4, 2018. If a woman requests a gift after January 4, 2018 redirect to Karleen or management.
IV. Children’s CHUM City Gift Boxes (not yet confirmed)
1. Outreach will be given 25-30 boxes for women with children and/or grandchildren in that program.
2. For the Drop In and Community Support Workers a maximum of up to 3 boxes will be given to women who have children or grandchildren. Karleen and another team member will be responsible for distributing the children’s boxes.
V. Christmas Day and New Year’s Day raffle
1. On Christmas Day and New Year’s Day, there will be raffle prizes only for those women who are in the Drop In space that day.
Effective as of December 4, 2017 until January 8, 2018, the basement (program rooms) and the upstairs program room will be closed for the holiday season.
No clothing donations, group or program activities will be taking place during this period.
Limited laundry will be done only with staff accompaniment.
For harm reduction activities, please refer to Carol for information or instructions. —
Available space will be limited in the month of December this means that the Kitchen might be used for meetings. We will do our best to leave this space free from 12 pm – 2 pm but this is not always possible.